SAM Training Overview
Chapter 6: Creating, Sorting, and Querying a Table
You have to complete different Excel tasks for each chapter.
- Create and manipulate a table
- Delete duplicate records
- Add calculated columns to a table with structured references
- Use the VLOOKUP function to look up a value in a table
- Use icon sets with conditional formatting
- Insert a total row
- Sort a table on one field or multiple fields
- Sort, query, and search a table using AutoFilter
- Remove filters
- Create criteria and extract ranges
- Apply database and statistical functions
- Use the MATCH and INDEX functions to find a value in a table
- Display automatic subtotals
- Use outline features to group, hide, and unhide data
- Create a treemap chart
Guidelines: Using SAM Training
SAM and MindTap are interactive online platforms designed to transform students into Microsoft Office and Computer Concepts masters. Practice with simulated SAM Trainings and MindTap activities and actively apply the skills you learned live in Microsoft Excel. Become a more productive student and use these skills throughout your career.
Your website browser must be set correctly to apply the features. This handout will guide you through setting your own browser if you have problems applying one of the features: Guide_sam-lms-stu-brief-user-guide.pdf
Student Technical Support
If you have never used SAM before, please watch the following videos:
Need help using SAM Projects or Training? If so, please review the following guide:
Steps to use the SAM Training:
- Launch your SAM Training assignment by clicking on the gray long button at the bottom of the page.
- You will be directed to MindTap SAM Training.
- Once you are on the page, click on the Start button on the bottom right of the screen to start with the exercise.
- If you do not know how to apply the feature, you can select to button that shows you how to apply the features. However, you will only get credit if you do the task yourself.
- If you have not used the SAM Training before, please watch the videos posted under the SAM Student Guide from the Student Technical Support section above.
- Make sure that you click on the Toolbar on the right side of the screen to move the bottom of the tasks as you complete them.
Now, are you ready to start with your SAM Training?
Click the gray button below to load a new page to open the SAM Training MindTap page.